Great Big Diocesan Quiz
Same Time • Same Questions • Different Locations across the Diocese
All questions and answers and answers sheets provided by the Society.
The next GREAT BIG DIOCESAN QUIZ will be held on FRIDAY 13 APRIL 2018
(with the option of doing it on SATURDAY 14 APRIL if Friday doesn’t suit your event).
A quiz evening is a great way to bring your community together and to have some fun whilst raising vital funds for the CCSP. Everyone who has taken part in the first three GREAT BIG DIOCESAN QUIZZES said they had enjoyed not only the quiz but also knowing that there were similar quizzes going on around the Diocese at the same time along with a little competitive spirit! So why not give it a go? I hope you are tempted…
All questions, answers, score sheets and a poster will be supplied prior to the event. In April 2016 we had eleven quizzes taking place at the same time across the Diocese. Some quizzes had as many as 8 teams but some took place with only 3 or four teams.
If you would like to organise a quiz in your parish please register the event via our contact page or email Claire on email@example.com or call the office on 013645464520
To Organise a Quiz
- Register your quiz with the Society contact page
- Book a venue – the church hall, local community centre or even your front room or kitchen!
- Decide on refreshments: are going to provide supper? People could bring something for a shared supper or you could have fish & chips or pizza delivered. Alternatively you could just serve tea and coffees and perhaps provide some snacks to nibble on during the quiz. Ask people to bring their own drinks to save on getting a license.
- Set a ticket price: dependant on refreshments served and any other overheads such as hall hire. Enough to cover your costs and raise soo money fro the Society.
- Gather some teams: Advertise as soon as you can particularly in your parish newsletter. A poster is available here QUIZ POSTER. Invite people from outside the parish! Include schools and parish groups.
- Ask for help: You will need a quiz master, someone to help with the scoring and people to serve refreshments.
- Raffle: ask for prizes to be donated. You will need raffle tickets and a float.
- All proceeds should be paid through your parish or school’s accounts and then a cheque raised payable to the Catholic Children’s Society (Plymouth) and sent to St Boniface House Ashburton TQ13 7JL
Hope you have a great evening! Thank you for going to the trouble of organising an event on behalf of the Catholic Children’s Society to help struggling families across the Diocese.