Privacy & Cookies Policy
This policy describes how the CCSP collects uses and protects your information:
Who are ‘we’?
In this policy whenever you read ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, it refers to the ‘Catholic Children’s Society (Plymouth)’ which in this policy is abbreviated to CCSP.
The Policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
It describes how we collect, use, share, store retain your information. It also explains how you can access your information and what your rights are under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE HOLD
We only collect the information we need:
• Personal Data such as: name, address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses and maybe bank details if you are making payments to the Society.
• Non – personal data such as such as IP addresses and pages you have accessed may be collected from you visiting our website.
To ensure the information we hold is accurate, we may check the accuracy of your contact details against external publicly available lists such as telephone preferences and Mail Service Preference.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
The information we hold about you comes from many ways; for example, from subscribing to our newsletter, donations, attending fundraising events, joining our regular giving schemes (Children’s Champion and the Helping Hands 50:50 Club) and contributing to our appeals.
Information may be generated via our website, phone conversations, the post, filling in application forms, joining one or more of our fundraising activities or discussions with you.
We do not normally receive information from third parties, but may do so in the course of a grant application.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information in the following ways:
• To communicate with our supporters and service users
• To fulfil your requests such as regular giving forms; participation in challenge events and provision of information
• To provide you with information that we think maybe of interest to you including fundraising social activities and campaigning but only where you have consented to be contacted.
• To process donations or other payments
• To deliver any goods or resources you have requested
• To allow us to participate in interactive features on our website when you choose to do so for e.g. we may help your complete forms by inserting your contact details for you to edit
• To analyse and improve the services offered on our website by providing you with the most user-friendly navigation experience we can for your computer or other internet devices
• To carry out research on the demographics and behaviour of our users and supporters in order to understand them better and provide a better service
• We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example the collection of Gift Aid or other financial transactions
We will only send out marketing information if you have specifically requested us to do so. If you wish to receive this information you can opt in by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling 013645 645420 or writing to CCSP, St Boniface House, Ashburton TQ13 7JL.
Likewise if change your mind at any time as to how or if you receive future communications you can contact us using the same details.
If we contact you by email every message we send will include a link to opt out of receiving future messages.
WHO WE WILL SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will only share your information if we are legally required to do so
We may share information with:
• HMRC for Gift Aid
• The sponsor of any grant application made to us
• The supplier of any items given under our grant essentials scheme
• Carefully selected partners that are carrying out work on our behalf such as Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey
WHAT WE DON’T DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
• We will not sell or swap your information with any agency or other charity.
• We will not share personal information about you with third parties without your consent, unless the law allows us to do so and these organisations are GDPR compliant, for example with HMRC for tax or money laundering purposes
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by the CCSP. Your information will be stored on our secured systems in accordance with the Information Security Policy.
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it.
We will retain your information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
We will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you; where we have no interaction with you over a period of 5 years we will archive your information.
When we no longer need your information we will always dispose of it securely.
You can request that your information be deleted or that we stop using your information. If we can delete it we will; however if we need to retain records for legal reasons, the reasons will be explained to you.
If you’d like a copy of the information we hold about you, please email the ‘Trustee for Responsibility for Data protection’ via email@example.com or write to us at CCSP, St Boniface House, Ashburton TQ13 7JL.
If you are not satisfied with how we are using your information or how we respond to your request to have your information removed, please contact us again to see if we can resolve the problem. If we cannot you can have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office at http://ico.org.uk
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It is our policy not to request donations or subscriptions, or accept product orders from children under 18.
Links to third party websites
Social media sites
Other people’s data
Some of the services we offer via Social Media allow you to provide the personal data of other people (e.g. tagging people on photos on social media or using Our ‘Tell a Friend’ service). Before providing anyone else’s data please ensure they are happy for you to do so and under no circumstances must you make public another person’s home address, email address, or phone number.
HOW WE WILL TELL YOU ABOUT FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns and or comments about our use of your personal information please contact the ‘Trustee for Responsibility for Data protection’ via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , via post to CCSP, St Boniface House, Ashburton, TQ13 7JL, or by telephone on 01364 645420.